So, EmFems hasn’t been active for very long, but we have already bumped into many amazing female artists who inspired us! Here is the top tweets of April, 2011. Amazing artists, all of them.
April 3, 2011 Sheila Hicks
Oh my! Sheila Hicks does the most beautiful & interesting things with yarn! NY Times article about her recent 50 year retrospective: http://nyti.ms/gwaiaX
And her site:http://bit.ly/i8crOe
April 5, 2011 Danielle Tunstall
Love Danielle’s photography! She does lots of horror photography, but what I really love are her amazing self-portraits–Like the one below!
Twitter: RT @d_tunstall
Website: http://www.danielletunstall.com/ (some graphic images)
April 6, 2011 Rineke Dijkstra
Rineke Dijkstra is one of my fave Dutch photographers. She is also very beloved in Nederland. Her portraits are so candid–her beach series is amazing. Here is an interview with explaining why and how she did this Beach series: http://www.popphoto.com/how-to/2008/12/conversation-rineke-dijkstra?page=0,1
April 8, 2011 Starting an Art Collection
This is a really wonderful article I found while surfing the female artist waves. It highlights 6 female artists to start your art collection :http://bit.ly/eqaiFW
- Emma SanCartier is an illustrator that specializes in whimsical watercolors.
- Working strictly in medium format photography, Vrba develops her silver gelatin prints and then stains the prints with tea and selenium
- A photographer from Cambridge, MA, Anastasia Cazabon’s artwork revolves around telling stories.
- “Psychology and Art. With Surrealism being the grand marriage of the two…” Amy Guidry’s works are the perfect marriage of photorealistic and surrealist. Featured Below (twitter: @amyguidryartist)
April 10, 2011 Rejection & Candy Chang
- Here’s some inspiration for writers out there!!! Even the best get rejected and here’s a list of famous writers whose books were rejected (some of them multiple times) them: http://bit.ly/fzOTlk#stopwallowing
- Beautiful project by artist Candy Chang that transforms abandoned buildings in New Orleans into ‘walls of hope’ : http://bit.ly/fn6qp1#art
April 19, 2011 Eve Ensler
TED talk by Eve Ensler: playwright, performer, activist & role model Eve Ensler on Happiness in Body and Soul (author of Vagina Monologues
April 20, 2011 Inka Essenhigh
April 24, 2011 Sasha & Cecilia Paredes
- Sasha @sashasilverfysh is a painter, fiction writer & she has a book blog, which I think is rather cool! check it out:http://bit.ly/gkrhdM
- Here’s a post about her #art by another interesting woman, Coco Loren of @trinityeight :http://bit.ly/hZ9Icy
April 25, 2011 Art Rubicon
April 28, 2011 Lily Ferudi
April 29th, 2011 Heidi Alamanda
April 30, 2011 Stella Im Hult
In her interview with HiFructose magazine Stella talks about being inspired by one of my favourite writers, Haruki Murakami: http://www.hifructose.com/the-blog/1337-an-interview-with-stella-im-hultberg.html